These cookies would brighten any holiday gathering (from brightideas.com) and little hands can help decorate them. Here’s what you’ll need and how to make them:
- 4 cups M&M’S
- 1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1 16 oz. can vanilla frosting
- 1 14 oz. package red licorice laces
- Resealable plastic bags
- Drinking straw
- Christmas light shaped cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
- Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
- With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie and place them in the frig for 5-10 minutes. (Chilled cookie dough keeps its form during baking.)
- Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Separate different colors of M&M’S, and set aside.
- Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S on top of each cookie.
- Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.