Chocolate transfer is another one of those techniques that can appear difficult when in reality it is very easy. Today’s post is just the basics, but I’ll follow-up with more complex ideas very soon.
So, for an easy chocolate heart to top your Valentine cupcakes, here’s what you’ll need:
- Chocolate wafers (the right type of chocolate is essential, not all chocolate is equal when melted)
- Wax paper
- Heart stencil
- Resealable plastic bag
- Double boiler (or microwave if you’re very careful and only heat in 8-10 second intervals massaging the chocolate between heating)
And here are the easy steps:
- Lay your stencils under wax paper so that you have a guide while piping.
- Melt your chocolate and insert it into a resealable plastic bag.
- Snip one corner about a ¼ inch and pipe the chocolate over the stencil in one motion per side. If you stop and start your heart won’t be smooth.
- Allow the chocolate to set for at least 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully peel the heart from the wax paper and apply it to your cupcake.
I know, simple!