This morning on NBC’s Daytime Columbus I’ll be demonstrating how to make these beautiful baby shower favors. Here’s what you’ll need to get started:
- Lipped serving tray
- 2″ Styrofoam board cut to fit
- 2 gift wrap tissue paper sheets
- Gift wrap shredded paper (available in bags)
- Lollipop sticks
- Crafters glue
- 6″ squares of card stock
- Stickers or die cuts
- “Thanks” or “Take One” note on card stock
And here are the easy steps:
- Cut your Styrofoam board to fit the serving tray. (Tip: This is an activity best performed outdoors.)
- Wrap your foam in tissue paper. This serves two purposes. It covers the fibers that might still be loose from cutting and it hides the stark white.
- Cover the foam with shredded gift wrap paper.
- Determine the number of favors you’ll need and measure your spacing to ensure even placement.
- Insert the lollipop sticks.
- Curl the 6″ cardstock squares into cones, securing them in place with crafters glue.
- Apply the ribbon and die cuts to the cones and fill with candies.
- Make a “Thanks” or “Take One” note from the same card stock.
See our shower invitations and decor. Happy crafting.