Browsing for fun ideas that kids can help with, I ran across these fun chenille napkin rings from Better Homes & Gardens that would be perfect for a mother’s day brunch or girly birthday party. Here’s what you’ll need:
- 3 colors of chenille stems
- Paper towel tube
And here’s what you do:
- Choose six chenille stems, two of each color. Even up the ends of chenille stems, grouping colors. Leaving 3 inches at one end, begin to braid the chenille stems. Stop braiding 3 inches from the opposite end.
- For looped ends, bend over the chenille stems to form loops. Secure by wrapping a separate chenille stem around the ends. Tuck end of chenille stem into wraps.
- For wrapped ends, braid entire length of six chenille stems. Wrap ends tightly with a separate chenille stem.
- To shape, wrap braided chenille stems around a paper tube.