I’ve shared on numerous occasions that my youngest has severe food allergies. Well as you can imagine it breaks my heart when he can’t have something pretty and yummy like the other kids. With that in mind, I made these fun dairy and nut free Easter chick cookie pops for my article with Parents magazine.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sandwich cookies (I used Oreos because they have no milk, egg or nut products), two per chick
- Icing (I used Pillsbury white icing because it has no milk, egg or nut products)
- Yellow and orange gel food coloring (liquid thins the icing)
- Lollipop sticks
- Orange non-perils
- Resealable bag, icing connector and #2 and #46 tips
- Open your sandwich cookies and lay a lollipop stick inside, pressing it into the filling
- Tint ¾ of your yellow icing in a microwaveable bowl
- Spoon out ¼ of the yellow icing, set rest aside, and microwave it for 8 seconds
- Spoon melted icing over lollipop stick, replace cookie top and allow them to cool for 5 minutes
- Melt remaining icing and spoon over each cookie pop; allow them to cool for a minute and then add eyes and beak
- After cookie pop is completely dry, pipe on wings (icing tip #46) and feet (icing tip #2)
As always, I hope you’re inspired!