DIY monster cello bag treats

We always like to give a little something special out on Halloween to the kiddos in the neighborhood that the boys play with. Last week I was browsing around and ran across some adorable ghost cello bags from The Gaines Gang. I immediately thought clever! And then the next thing I thought was how I could make my Trick or Treat collection monster pedestal candy dishes (tutorial coming this week) into cellos and give them out on Halloween.

The fabulous thing is, these aren’t only cute. They’re super simple. All you’ll need are pretzel cello bags from the craft store, I picked mine up at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores, and a wide tip Sharpie! Crafting doesn’t get much easier than that.

Jack-o-lantern,

Frankenstein,

and ghost!

I just filled each with candies (orange gumballs for my jack-o-lantern, green and white sixlets for my Frankenstein and mini marshmallows for my ghost), tied them with pretty ribbons and done.

As always, I hope you’re inspired! {UPDATE: I made Thanksgiving turkey cello bag treats!}

Join us on facebook, signup for our newlsetter with weekly offers, follow us on twitter and pinterest. Participating in Tip Junkie’s Tip Me Tuesday.

Comments

Tanja says

Hi Kim! Quick question, where are you finding the gum balls and six lets in bulk? Such a cute and simple idea! Thanks for sharing!

Lindsey Cashion says

I am wanting to make these at favors for both of my boys to give to their classmates. I am not sure how many pounds of the candy to order. Can you tell me approx how much each one holds? I need to make about 50 total.

Lindsey Cashion says

Lindsey – so excited you’re making these for your kiddos! As for how much, I actually weighed them on our postage scale for you. Each jack-o-lantern and Frankenstein weighs 2 oz. BUT, you could draw your face closer to the bottom of the pretzel cello and make them shorter. The kids will love them just as much. The mini marshmallows didn’t register. ;)

Have fun!

Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?

I’m planning to start my own blog in the near future but I’m
    having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
    The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something
    completely unique. P.S Sorry for getting off-topic but I had to ask!
    アウトレット エコバッグ recently posted..アウトレット エコバッグMy Profile

Okay, so you have a decent starting portfolio of ‘glamour photography’ shots you’ve taken and assembled to show the
    possibilities of your range and depth of photographic artistry.
    Dress up in peacock blue, soft pinks and bright
    orange sexiest colours of this season. It’s nice that at least parts of society and media are recognizing that not
    all women are shaped the same and we don’t all need to
    be a size 6 or smaller.
    tiger lily boutique dresses recently posted..tiger lily boutique dressesMy Profile