My mom LOVES red birds. It’s her thing. She even has a beautiful china pattern with red birds. So I know she’s going to adore these small plaques with fingerprint art red birds that my boys crafted for Mother’s Day.
- smooth tile, I picked these up at Home Depot for 16 cents each
- Martha Stewart Acrylic Craft Paint ~ Habanero (#32050)
- Martha Stewart Acrylic Craft Paint ~ Vanilla Bean (#32069)
- Martha Stewart self-adhesive branch stencil
- Sharpie ~ black, thin tip
- Spray sealant coating, to seal and protect your creation
- Using the the Martha Stewart self-adhesive stencil template, paint on the branch
- Allow branch to dry for a minute and remove template while paint is still wet
- One child at a time, trust me…, paint the thumb and apply the bird body
- Paint the pinky finger and apply the bird head
- Using a Sharpie, add beak and feet
- Have your artists sign their work (name and year)
- Allow to dry completely and seal with spray sealant coating
I’m so thrilled with how they turned out!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!