Check out these easy paper pinwheels; what a great way to jazz up a large space with a bit of scrapbook paper and a few other craft store items!
What you’ll need:
- Scrapbook paper
- Flower Confetti (or other fun accent)
- Ribbon (various widths–narrow is better)
- Glue Gun
- Small hole punch
To recreate this eye-catching craft:
- Fold each square piece of paper over and under like an accordion in roughly 1/2 inch folds. (I suggest using a boning knife for cleaner edges).
- Then cut the edges of the folds (She rounded the edges)
- Fold the accordion in half and use the glue gun to secure the exposed edges together.
- This creates a part of the pinwheel. Repeat this 2-3 times. Combine fans to make 1 pinwheel.
- Punch a hole about 1/2 inch from ends of pinwheel on each side and connect the pinwheels with ribbon.
- At the top of the pinwheels, keep the ribbon longer so it can attach to something to hold it up.
Once all the pinwheels are complete, they make an lovely display or background. Holly used hers to create a amazing wall for her baby shower banner. Holly was inspired by a tutorial via The Wedding Chicks, but simplified it quite a bit.
Thanks, again to Holly for sharing her incredible talents. Don’t forget to go see the rest of the adorable baby shower she created for her dear friend.
We hope you’re inspired to craft, bake and create!
Join The Celebration Shoppe on facebook, sign-up for the daily ideas to come right to your inbox (a box in the right-side navigation bar), follow us on twitter, pinterest and on instagram at @thecelebrationshoppe