Hello there! I’m Deanna, event designer and editor of Mirabelle Creations. I’m so happy to be here at The Celebration Shoppe, sharing a super simple back to school teacher appreciation craft that you can do with your kiddos!
All teachers love a little something at the beginning of the school year and these Edible School “Glue” Sticks, inspired by the traditional Elmer’s Washable Disappearing Purple School Glue Sticks, and fun “So happy to be stuck with you this year!” free printables are a great way to show your appreciation. Plus, they are easy for little hands because they’re simply filled with York Peppermint Pieces candies! But a warning, make sure you have extras because while making these as many candies went into my helpers’ mouths as did into the containers!
The idea for these Edible School “Glue” Sticks came to me last week while shopping for school supplies with my kids and a school supplies themed craft for the teachers seemed like a great way to start off the school-year.
What you’ll need:
- Push-Up Pop containers (available on Amazon and Shop Sweet Lulu)
- 1 ½ inch orange grosgrain ribbon
- York Peppermint Pieces
- Glue dots or double sided tape
- Scissors (scallop circle punch optional)
- FREE printable back to school tags
- White string or thin ribbon
And here are the simple steps:
- Fill the bottom of the push-up-pops container with a layer of blue candies, about ½ inch thick. Fill the remainder of the push-up-pops container with white candies.
- Tape the top of the push-up-pops container closed.
- Cut two pieces of orange ribbon, the length of the circumference of the container.
- Fold one piece of ribbon in half, lengthwise, securing it with glue dots. Attach it around the bottom edge of the push-up-pops container using the glue dots.
- Wrap the other piece of ribbon around the top of the push-up-pops, securing to the bottom edge of the container lid. The taller ribbon at the top will mimic the cap of the glue stick.
- Print the Edible School “Glue” Stick label on a full sheet of white sticker paper or regular paper and attach with tape.
- Print the I’m so happy to be “stuck” with you tag on cardstock. Punch out the tag and attach with string or ribbon.
Now you’re all set to show your teachers how excited you are about this new school year! Enjoy!
And as always, we hope you’re inspired to craft, bake and create!
Join The Celebration Shoppe on facebook, sign-up for the daily ideas to come right to your inbox (a box in the right-side navigation bar), follow us on twitter, pinterest and on instagram at @thecelebrationshoppe