Over the holidays I attended a little New Year’s Eve soiree and took s’ more brownie bars as a sweet little treat. Super easy to make and completely kid and adult approved.
Channeling my best Sandra Lee, here’s the semi-homemade recipe:
- Duncan Hines Dark Chocolate Brownie mix (I used this one because it’s dairy-free for my little guy) + ingredients on the box (egg, oil, water)
- Graham crackers
- Mini marshmallows
- Chocolate chips (I used Trader Joes chocolate chips because again, dairy-free for my little guy)
Simple baking steps:
- Prepare brownie mix as recommended on the box.
- Line a shallow baking pan with graham crackers.
- Spoon brownie mixture about 1/2 inch deep over entire cracker base, leaving a bit of a lip between the brownie and the edge of the pan. It will rise and fill that space.
- Bake at 350 for 10 to 12 minutes, or until toothpick pulls out wet but lumpy. Don’t over-bake!
- Add mini marshmallows to cover entire top of brownie and sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake for another 4-5 minutes at 350.
- Allow to cool and cut into squares with a damp knife.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
Join The Celebration Shoppe on facebook, sign-up for the daily ideas to come right to your inbox (never miss an idea, giveaway or free printable!), follow us on twitter, pinterest and on instagram at @thecelebrationshoppe.