Hi there! It’s Deanna from Mirabelle Creations here to share a not-too-spooky treat for Halloween.
These creepy crawly Spider Lollipops are simple enough even for your little goblins to help assemble. And, kids will love that they are not made using traditional lollipops, but made using gumballs! They are perfect for a Trick or Treat, You’re So Sweet Halloween Party favor, classroom Halloween treat, or a simple goody to pass out to neighborhood friends.
These little Halloween Spider Lollipops were made using just black gumballs. However, feel free to get creative and use whatever color gumballs you’d like. They would be especially cute in pink or purple for a girly Halloween party. You should also be able to find a package of black pipe cleaners, so you don’t have pick out the black ones from a package of assorted ones. I found the package I used for under $1.00 at my local grocery store.
To make Gumball Spider Lollipops, you’ll need:
- Wooden Skewers (with a pointy end)
- Lollipop Sticks
- Small Plastic Bags
- Black Pipe Cleaners
- Small Wiggly Eyes
- Glue Stick
Simple how tos:
- Using a wooden skewer, poke a hole in the bottom of a gumball. If your kids are helping you assemble these, make sure a grown up does this part.
- Remove the skewer and stick lollipop stick through the bottom layer of the gumball.
- Place small plastic bag over gumball. I simply cut one side of a plastic sandwich bag and used that to cover the gumball.
- Cut two black pipe cleaners in half, so you have four pieces each approximately 6 inches long.
- Wrap pipe cleaners around the top of lollipop stick, where it meets the gumball until you have eight legs.
Pop in and visit me at Mirabelle Creations.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
DIY Gumball Spider Party Favor seen on The Celebration Shoppe first.