Our Christmas tree tells a story… the holiday story of our family. And I love every inch of it!
Almost every ornament was either collected during a holiday outing, given to us as a gift or handmade by my sweet babies. There is nothing designed or matchy-matchy about it, but it’s completely beautiful and wonderfully sentimental!
This paint dipped, hand-drawn snowman ornament is our latest ornament addition. To make these with your kiddos, you’ll need:
- circular, flat front, clear plastic ornaments (I picked mine up at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores)
- pearl white craft paint
- orange and black Sharpies
- flat paint dish or plate
- sheet of paper
To make your own:
- Trace an outline of the ornament on a sheet of white paper and draw a simple snowman face in the outline to get your proportions correct
- Place paint on a flat surface and roll the back side of the ornament around in the paint until covered
- Flip ornament over and allow to dry completely
- Using the guide you or your child drew on the sheet of paper, draw the snowman face on the ornament with Sharpies
- Hang and enjoy
In my opinion, there is nothing sweeter than something your little one made for you.
Here are a few of my other favorite holiday projects you might enjoy!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!