With three boys in the house (yes, I’m counting my husband), you bet football and the Super Bowl are big around here! So let’s talk football, tailgate, and Super Bowl parties and my simple and fun football ice cream sandwich idea!
This shop is part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group™ and Rubbermaid and Sharpie but all my opinions are my own. You know I’d have it no other way! #pmedia #RubbermaidSharpie http://cmp.ly/3/8vNxcO
Making football fare for any game or tailgate is fun, but the Super Bowl… well… it’s the Super Bowl! I’m a fan of all the savory sandwich recipes and dips, but I have to have a bit of sweet too. And what’s best about my little football ice cream sandwiches, they’re super easy to make and store until your guests arrive!
- Mini Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Wooden Spoons
- Sharpie (coupon details for Target below!)
- Rubbermaid storage containers (coupon details for Target below!)
- White cake icing
- Resealable bag
- Icing tip #4 and connector
- Optional: Chocolate sprinkles
- Using a Sharpie, draw football plays, referee stripes or team colors on wooden spoons
- Unwrap your ice creams and lay them on a sheet of wax paper or in Rubbermaid container
- Pierce one end of the ice cream with a knife so that your wooden spoons can be inserted easily later
- Cut the edge of resealable bag, insert your icing connector and tip, spoon in icing and pipe football design
- Place in Rubbermaid container and freeze until guests arrive.
- Insert wooden spoons, sprinkle container with chocolate sprinkles (to finish the look) and serve.
Tip: If you serve them at halftime and they’re hard frozen, they should last the full 30 minutes!
LOVE Sharpies and Rubbermaid (they’re the ONLY storage dishes I use in my kitchen) as much as I do?!
Text COUPONS to TARGET on your cell phone to get the $1 off Rubbermaid and $1 off Sharpie 4-pack or larger coupon offers from Jan 25- Feb 8, 2014. Did you know you could do that?! LOVE mobile coupons! I never remember paper, but I always have my phone!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!