With Cinco De Mayo only a few short weeks away I’m already testing drink recipes and planning snacks. This watermelon lemonade drink recipe is perfect for the kiddos (or you could spike it and make it a margarita!).
- 8 cups seedless watermelon (will take most of a five pound watermelon), cut into small cubes
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 8 lemons)
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- garnish – watermelon cubes or small cookie cutter flowers (like me) plus lemon wheels
Yields 8 Servings
- Blend watermelon and lemon juice in food processor or blender until smooth. Strain the mixture through a wire sieve to remove any seeds, pulp or foam.
- Transfer to a glass pitcher.
- Bring 3 1/2 cups water and sugar to boil in medium saucepan over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add mixture to pitcher with watermelon and lemon juice.
- Refrigerate until cold.
Adapted from AllRecipes.com
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!