I’m hosting a pumpkin carving party this weekend and to welcome my guests, I’ll have a darling DIY Jack-O-Lantern Candy Jar in my entryway! Along with a few other easy to make decorating goodies I whipped up with supplies from JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores!
This simple candy jar couldn’t be easier to make. I used my Cricut Explore, but with a little patience, you could use scissors! You’ll need:
- Glass candy jar with a smooth side (found in floral and food crafting sections)
- Black vinyl
- Jack-O-Lantern template
- Cricut Explore or Scissors (If using your Cricut, this design is available in the library; if using scissors, use a black Sharpie to outline your template. It will show only enough for you to follow)
- Clean – clean your jar and wipe dry
- Cut – cut vinyl
- Apply – apply design, it’s as simple as peel and stick
- Fill – fill your candy jar with orange candies. These are gumballs from the food crafting section
Told you it was easy!
Like the EEK! letters? Those are way easy too!
- Cardboard letters
- Black and silver metallic paint, Martha Stewart brand
- Small paint brushes
This project only takes about 15 minutes.
- Paint – paint the front and back of the letters and allow to dry
- Draw – draw on simple spider webs from different angles
And I didn’t only decorate my entryway, but also my mantel using several fun decor items from JoAnn. My favorite are the faux glitter Funkins!
You can find all these goodies and more at JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores and at JoAnn.com.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
DIY Jack-O-Lantern Candy Jar & Halloween Entryway Decor seen first on The Celebration Shoppe.
The Celebration Shoppe receives a form of compensation for ideas, styling and photography from time to time. All opinions expressed are genuine and not that of the sponsor. We would have it no other way!