As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord! Joshua 24:15. I made this DIY canvas art just before Christmas and I’ll be honest… I fell in love with it and the process for making DIY canvas art prints, especially in glitter. It’s so easy! Let’s make one!
To make DIY canvas art you need:
- 20×20 canvas
- Black glitter iron-on
- Silver glitter iron-on
- Cricut Explore (One or Air)
- 12×24 mat, standard grip
- Weeding tool
- My Free SVG file (I also made a 8.5×11 PDF print)
And here are the super simple steps for making DIY canvas art:
- Design (mine or yours) – if you’d like my “As For Me And My Family We Serve The Lord” Bible verse design, send me a note to [email protected] and we’ll e-mail it to you. Just download it and upload it to Cricut Design Space. Simply delete my family name and add your own. Or, you can create your own design in Cricut Design Space. To size your design, measure your canvas and create a square the size of your canvas in the tool to make sure you’ve centered and sized your typography well. Before you cut, just hide the background shape.
- Mat – apply the iron on, liner side down, to the mat.
- Cut – read the directions on the package and mirror image any additions you make. If you use multiple colors like I did, make sure you click mirror image before each cut. If you can’t see it, flip back to the design and select cut again. The mirror image button should appear.
- Weed – weed out all the iron-on that isn’t your image and place on the canvas to make sure spacing is good.
- Iron – iron your canvas (with a towel under it to help it hold its shape) to heat up the fabric, place the image with liner on top, iron in 15 second intervals. Don’t be in a hurry.
- Remove liner – gently pull liner away. If any of the design comes up, repeat ironing step and try again.
Want to make one! Shop the supplies to make DIY canvas art right now:
I also made a wall of these DIY canvas art pieces to spruce up my office for the new year. I chose a very fun Disney quote from Peter Pan, “All You Need Is Faith, Trust, And A Little Bit Of Pixie Dust.” Hop over to The Creative Spark, Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores to see all the details!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
DIY Canvas Art with Inspirational Bible Verse seen first here on The Celebration Shoppe