I love having inviting decor welcoming my friends and family as they enter my home. Last week I shared with you my new fall wreath that I embellished with paper flowers in rich, gorgeous colors of autumn. Today I am sharing how to make this pretty Welcome Sign embellished in gold foil. I love the way it glitters and adorns my paper flower fall wreath.
To make this foil welcome sign, you’ll need a few things from your JoAnn Fabric & Craft Store:
- Rectangle Canvas (available in store)
- Krylon Gold Spray Paint
- Cricut Design Space
- Cricut Cricut Explore Air Air
- Cricut Weeding Tool
- Cricut Transfer Tape
- Hot Glue Gun
- Glue Sticks
- Optional: Paper flowers to embellish the sides. See full tutorial here Fall Wreath with DIY Paper Flowers
Easy How To Steps For Making A Foil Welcome Sign:
- Design – To begin use my project in Cricut Design Space, or search for typography to make your own!
- Paint – Next spray paint your canvas. I suggest 2-3 light coats, allowing them to dry 5 minutes between.
- Cut and weed – Set your Cricut to the new Adhesive Foil setting and cut. Weed out the excess design. If your design is detailed, use transfer tape to add it to your canvas.
- Hang – And finally, attach twine to each side of the back of the canvas with hot glue. (Tip: If adding to the wreath, use a mini clip or closing pin to secure it on the vine.)
This welcome sign is such a beautiful touch of Autumn cheer that really sets the mood for your entire home.
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate!
This post is sponsored by JoAnn Fabric and Craft Stores. Thank you for supporting my wonderful partners. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way!