Even if you aren’t heading to New Orleans for Fat Tuesday, you can make this fun donut inspired Fat Tuesday graphic tee with your Cricut Maker, or your Cricut Explore. Do you like the Holographic Sparkle Iron-On? Fun, right!
The most important tip I can give you about making graphic tees with your Cricut, remember to mirror your iron on before you cut.
Let’s start by visiting your local JoAnn Fabric and Craft Store or by shopping online at JoAnn.com. They have the largest in-store offering of great Cricut products and iron on colors! For the Mardi Gras Fat Tuesday graphic tee, you’ll need:
- Cricut Maker or Cricut Explore Air 2
- Standard Mat
- Design Space File – Fat Tuesday Tee
- Cricut Tools
- Holographic Gold Iron On
- Holographic Green Iron On
- Purple Iron On
- EasyPress or Iron
- Iron Pad
I have step-by-step instructions for you, or if you prefer, you can follow along in this short video tutorial!
Watch The Video Tutorial
To watch this video in HD, click play, then hover over the video and click the gear. A window will pop up allowing you to select a better quality. You Tube always starts out in low res. Ugh. It’s really hard to see. Just know, I’ve got you covered if you want to see it crystal clear!
Follow The Step-By-Step Instructions for Making A Fat Tuesday Graphic Tee:
- Open Design Space and resize the design to fit your tee.
- Cut each layer of color.
- Apply each layer separately, adjusting heat depending on your tee and the type of iron on you’re using. (Tip: Allow layers to cool completely between each application and remove protective layer. Reapply used, less sticky, protective layer before ironing over an applied section.
- Wear! :)
Want to make a mug too?! Yay! I’ll be posting that fun tutorial tomorrow so stay tuned!
More Graphic Tee Tutorials
I’m loving making graphic tees for everything. Here are a few more I’ve whipped up with my Cricut:
- Feed Me And Tell Me I’m Pretty Graphic Tee
- Shine Bright Graphic Tee
- Proud To Be An American Graphic Tee
- Easter Egg Hunt Graphic Tee
Happy Fat Tuesday friends! As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate with JoAnn!
Thank you for supporting my wonderful sponsors. They make it possible for me to keep the ideas coming! All content, ideas, photography and opinions are that of my own and I’d have it no other way! There may be affiliate links in this post, of which we do earn a small fee at no cost to you.