ingredients for four dozen bugs:
- 1 bag M&Ms
- 1 bag Peanut M&Ms
- 1 bag M&M minis
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 18-oz. roll refrigerated peanut butter cookie dough
- 1 16-oz can vanilla frosting
- Yellow, red and green food coloring
- 1 16-oz. can chocolate frosting
- Cookie sheet pans
- Resealable plastic bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line sheet pans with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the flour onto a piece of parchment paper and roll your dough into 1-inch balls. Arrange the balls about an inch apart on the cookie sheets and bake for approximately 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack, allowing them to cool completely before decorating.
- Divide the vanilla frosting into three small bowls and tint each bowl one color. One bowl at a time, microwave the frosting for approximately 15 seconds (up to 30), or until the consistency of heavy cream. One color at a time, dip approximately 16 cookies halfway into the warmed frosting. Set cookies aside to let the frosting firm up.
- Transfer one cup of the chocolate frosting into a resealable plastic bag with a small corner snipped. Using the photograph as your guide, pipe lines across the top of the cookies, representing different bugs and attach the M&Ms.