Remember I told you about my love of reindeer this holiday season when I shared how to make my reindeer wreath, well my little boy drew a Santa and reindeer on his Christmas list this year and I couldn’t resist making his art into a needlework ornament. It’s so easy!
It’s super simple so let’s get crafty!
- Embroidery hoop
- Heat transfer pencil (for lighter fabrics)
- Transfer paper
- Sewing pins
Note: For dark fabrics you might need to pin the design on the fabric and stitch through the super thin transfer paper, for lighter fabrics iron the design onto the fabric and stitch.
Easy how to steps:
- Draw – have your child draw a picture, or take a picture you love that they’ve already drawn.
- Trace – overlay the picture with transfer paper and trace.
- Heat transfer – flip the paper over and using a heat transfer pencil redraw the design.
- Iron – iron the design onto the fabric
- Stitch – stitch the design following the pattern.
You can find all the supplies for this project at JoAnn Fabric & Craft Stores, including this darling dot fabric.
Want more reindeer ideas? Just click on the images below!
You can also join me on Pinterest! I’ve pinned almost 200 incredible ideas (so far!) to keep me crafting and baking through the holiday!
As always, I hope you’re inspired to craft, bake, create and celebrate! Merry Christmas!