Having a little fun with my boys this weekend we created our version of the crashing witch cupcake to go with our Halloween decor. Here’s what you’ll need:
- can white icing
- orange food coloring
- black writing icing tube
- tangerine candy cane (or any other flavor you want)
- Starburst (one square per shoe)
- resealable freezer weight bags
- #233 grass tip
- black and orange sprinkles
And here are the super simple steps:
- Ice your cupcake with white icing and sprinkle with orange and black dots.
- Tint a heaping tablespoon of icing orange and place in a resealable bag with a #233 tip (grass tip) and a connector.
- Pipe her ragged dress in the center of the cupcake.
- Break your candy cane in half.
- Heat two Starburst in the microwave for 8-10 seconds and then mold them into the shape of shoes on the candy cane ends.
- Pipe shoe laces onto the shoes with the tube of black writing icing. (Allow it to set for a few minutes before inserting it into your cupcake so that it doesn’t run.)
- Insert your witch legs (AKA candy canes) into the center of your cupcake.
Hope you love making these as much as we did. Happy baking!