Looking for a great way to dress up your Thanksgiving table!? Check out our ”no sew” turkey table runner craft. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Brown felt, 19′ x 72′
- Orange felt, 12′ x 12′ block
- Light brown felt, 12′ x 12′ block
- Yellow felt, 12′ x 12′ block
- 4 black buttons
- Fabric glue
- Scallop ruler or medium size bowl
And here are the simple steps and a template:
- Take a scallop edge sewing ruler (or a medium size bowl) and mark your scallop ends.
- Trim your runner to match the length of your scallop. It should be approximately 17′ x 72′.
- Cut your scallop onto each end of the runner and set the fabric aside.
- Print off our template and cut out each piece. You’ll need two of each shape with the exception of the leaf where you’ll need 10 (five per turkey). (Orange – leaves; Light brown – large turkey body; Yellow – small turkey body; Orange – beak)
- Center the large turkey body circle in the center of your table runner, about 4 inches from the end of your runner and glue down the bottom of the circle. (Tip: Place your runner on the table before gluing and make sure that your turkey will be completely off the end of the table on each end.)
- Glue five leaves behind the base body in a fan and then glue down the remaining body circle
- Glue on the yellow small turkey body and orange beak.
- Sew on button eyes.
And don’t forget the placecards to match!