We love this idea so much (and again from mommawants1more on flickr; yes, I’m a fan) that I’ll likely use it for my own son’s birthday this summer. We firmly believe that fun invitations are the beginning to getting your guests excited about attending your bash (see our wild west invites and decor), but don’t stop there. This extra fun idea gets the kids excited as soon as they arrive. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Sawhorse joints
- Black paint
- Straw or cowboy hats
- Hula skirt/long straw
- Hay/straw cubes
- Letter template
And here are a few easy steps:
1. Break out the hammer and create a standard sawhorse using joints. Then add a head as shown in the image, rounding the ends like nostrils.
2. Paint signs using a letter template. These say “Fixin’s” and “Saloon.”
3. Using a grass hula skirt, hot glue a tail on your horses and trim another short for the mane.
4. Attach your signs to a piece of lumber and hammer into the ground using the hay to secure it into place.
5. Finally add the bandanas and hats to your horses and your entry way is complete.
We love to see and share fun ideas. Please share by posting a comment or sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have images. (By submitting you’re giving us approval to share with our readers, and of course giving you credit.)